Journey to The South, Johor.

Woke up 1 hour late so I washed up quickly and get ready to go all the way to the south of East Malaysia with my baby, Vios. Love my car a lot and I will surely miss it when I’m not in Malaysia for the next six years. Well, the journey started well as usual but it gets boring as time passes by because the highway to Johor is so straight and long. That is the road where you can see many people driving at a high speed with their high cc cars.

Took this after passing Seremban and look how far is it to reach Johor! Maybe driving at 200km/h on the highway could avoid me from being bored. Anyway, we stopped by Yong Peng for brunch. This restaurant is a well known restaurant so go there and have a try! It’s around two to three hours from Kuala Lumpur depending on how fast you are driving. *laugh*

I never thought that it was a famous restaurant when I first saw the restaurant. Anyway, don’t judge the book by it’s cover. Many KL-ians will drop by this restaurant before continuing their journey to Johor. Here are some pictures of the interior of the restaurant.

Those pictures on the wall are all the great and mouth watering dishes that are served by the restaurant itself. I can never try all of it but dad did ordered some of it. What I knew was the fish served there is fantastic which cost RM100. I asked dad not to order that as you can see from the picture, the fish is in red colour. I can’t really have that for my lunch and if I’m not wrong it’s one kind of a Tilapia fish.

Mostly everything is hand made here. For examples these fish balls. It is really fresh and they are so delicious. I want balls! Too obsessed with all kind of balls! Fish balls served at Yong Peng and meatballs served at IKEA! FANTASTIC!

This is some kind of ‘Lobak’. Home-made too! It’s lovely.

Home-made noodles? I guess so and maybe not. Would have to ask my parents for more info on this. The noodles tasted great! My dad really loves eating them here. So, drive down all the way to Yong Peng for this and then drive back to KL. This is what we have to scarify for food isn’t? Just joking.

After having lunch at Yong Peng, I drove down to Johor again. Can’t really speed all the way because there were some speed traps under the bridge. At least, the distance from Yong Peng is nearer to Johor compared to KL. It was a total relieve looking at the signboard.

Reached the hotel and it’s time to check in. Thistle Johor Bahru which is a 5 stars hotel. Just have a look at the reception area! Horrible. I hope they would do something with it because it’s way too simple for a 5 stars hotel. Here are some pictures of the swimming pool area. I never bring my swimming attire there so I just went there and sleep and eat!

Thistle JB!

The swimming pool just looked so inviting! How nice I brought my swimming trunk there and just go for a swim. Now, are the picture of the standard room and the toilet.

I can watch Mediacorp channel there! That’s one boon of living in Johor which you can actually tune to Singapore channels. After that, we went for a late lunch in JB!

 

Went to this taman for food! Hunting for food! Johor got nothing much to hunt for so whenever you see anything to eat, just stop and order. Then, enjoy the meal!

Found a stall which is still open. I had Curry Noodles there. Penang one tasted better. Then back to hotel again.

 

Look at the freaking jam on Johor street! It’s even worst than the roads in KL. They are just wasting fuels and making my baby run longer. Heartache.

As the time passes by, the sky turns dark and what should we do? It’s dinner time! Hunt for food again! Went to this mamak stall beside the road.

DSC00019

I had Nasi Pattaya for dinner.

DSC00020

Ordered Ikan Bakar which only cost RM10! It’s fantastic!

DSC00021

Mee Bandung that my mum had.

 

People says, Johor? You must try their Otak-otak! It’s their specialty and whatsoever. Then I took one which only cost RM0.50. For me, nothing is different only that I’m having it in Johor! LMAO.

Danga Bay was dead when I went there. It’s so empty maybe it’s because I went there during the weekdays.

 

The lobby at night. No band singing. This is so lifeless! The receptionist there aren’t professional enough to serve the hotel guest.

Slept nicely for the whole night. Went for breakfast at the mamak stall and not the buffet breakfast at the hotel. Had Roti Canai and Tosai.

DSC00022

DSC00023

We left home at about four in the evening and YES I did rot there in Johor! The trip was interesting, but not interesting enough compared to going to Penang! Penang you are still the number one in my heart!

Till then.

2 comments:

leeya said...

wow.. sedap tgk mihun curry tu.. i love that tauhu..haha.. n otak2 too.. dlu penah habiskan sbakul kot otak2 time nite walk kat jb.. hehe.. papehal.. jb terbaik..! :)

Darren said...

haha. bagus. makan lagi! lets enjoy life while we can! xD