Back To Penang 2010

Two days ago, I went back to Penang for a holiday and I really miss Penang so much! It is a must to go back there every year and not only once a year. It must be more than twice a year. Woke up at about eight in the morning and get ready to start our journey. Dad drove from here till Ipoh. We dropped by at Ipoh Parade and I had vegetarian food for my lunch there. I was supposed to meet the boss, Tang Wei Jie there but he ended up to reply my sms when I’m on the way to Penang from Ipoh telling me that he just woke up. Well, it’s okay since I went for a round of bowling there at Ipoh Parade. RM4.50 for 2 games including shoes! Isn’t super cheap? I can never get this price back in KL or Penang. While walking around Ipoh Parade, I always wanted to take this picture and finally I took it. Here it is.

This might be Tang Wei Jie favourite shop at Ipoh Parade. Just joking. I went in there once with all my friends at Sg.Wang, KL. All those contraception devices and ‘stuffs’. Make sure you are eighteen and above before getting into that shop. What I heard from my friend is they will check your identity card before letting you in to make sure you are eighteen and above. They encountered that at the Times Square branch. Whereas, for the Sg.Wang branch, they never check our identity card maybe it’s because we look old enough? Sigh. Time flies.

I took over the driver’s sit from Ipoh to Penang. I hate to drive across Penang Bridge since after they placed the ‘view block divider’ in the middle which doesn’t allow us to look to the other site of the bridge. I could not blame them on this because there are so many pathetic drivers out there which are so KPC (busy body) which slows down their car just to have a look on what is happening on the other site of the bridge such as accidents or car breakdowns.

Reached Bayview Georgetown Hotel safely. We actually booked a deluxe room but they have a newly renovated rooms so we requested for it. They upgrade to a premium deluxe room for us for free! The room is just so nice and the view from the room is a breath taking one. I actually stayed here many times already because the price and the room is affordable. Here are some pictures of the view from the room and the room itself.

 

The super duper busy street in Penang. That road is for those who are heading to the jetty area. It’s always pack during the peak hours.

 

Eastern & Oriental Hotel. It is a 5 stars hotel with a very good service. It’s a little bit ancient but overall, it’s awesome.

Premium Deluxe Room, Sea view.

After checking in, had a shower and then? Hunt for food! We walked down the street and we found a shop to have our second lunch.

This is Penang? Too kiasu? No idea. We did ordered two drinks. In my opinion, they can only make profit even more from selling drinks and this might be the main reason they would do this to those people who never order a drink. Well, all the way from KL to Penang, why not have a ‘Teh Peng’ in Penang? Yummy! 

Teh Peng which cost RM1.40

My Wan Tan Mee that I ordered. Denise, Jie, this should be able to tempt you right now in UK! Yummy!

I got no idea on what is this but it tasted good. My mum had this. The best thing is, only Penang has this and I’m so glad that I could taste it for my last time before I leave? Hope it’s not the last time and I hope I could go back there again before I leave Malaysia. Then we went back to our room to wash up our super oily face as it is super duper hot in Penang. Then, we went to E&O Hotel to have a look. Here are some pictures taken there.

The entrance to the hotel.

I love the view from E&O Hotel too!

I got no idea on what I was doing that time. My mum took this photo for me. Spot me.

The hotel looked good isn’t? Go there and put a night there. I assure you that it’s going to be a wonderful trip to Penang. After that we went for tea. I can never stop eating when I’m back in Penang. Drooling already right now? So sorry but I have to continue blogging.

These are taken near the jetty area while we are on the way to hunt for more food.

Penang Hokkien Mee! The original one! My saliva is dripping right now. Owh gosh. Can’t control. I missed those foods already although I just had them two days ago.

Penang Char Kuey Teow! Mmmmmmm…..sedapnya!

Guess what is this. It’s Law Mee!

Better view on what is Law Mee. Eat more, you can become a lawyer next time. *laugh* Just joking. It’s only RM2.50 for each bowl of Hokkien Mee and Law Mee. This is the main reason I love to go back to Penang.

Time really flies. The night approaches already. Everything is changing fast. I’m filling my stomach very fast and it’s bulging up even faster. Anyhow, I’m still very happy as I’m heading to Macalister Road for dinner. I will always drive there to have my dinner. This time, I saw John there having his dinner with his colleagues. Here is what I had for dinner with my mum. You’ll be shocked soon so get ready.

Penang original Chee Cheong Fun. You can never find this kind of gravy anywhere in KL or Perak. If you do so, let me know! Perak gravy would be a watery one. For KL the taste won’t be the same at all. Penang CCF is the bomb! This cost only RM2.00

A must have in Penang. Pork intestine porridge. They placed steamed pork intestines, fried pork intestines and char siew in it. It’s a lovely one. This cost RM4.50

Char Kuey Teow! My second time having this in Penang. The bomb! RM4.50 for this too.

I ordered this. One of the famous stall selling Fried Oyster in Penang. I ordered a small one. It cost RM7.00. Worth it. Look at all those oyster in the picture! Lovely! Magnificent!

After dinner, I drove my mum around Penang Island and I drove her to Gurney Drive too. Before that I drove across Karpal Singh’s house. 

Penang streets at night.

 

Gurney Drive. It was badly hit by tsunami last time but it’s a history already. All the trauma and fear is gone already for now. The funniest scenario is, when they predicted tsunami would hit Penang, there would be people going there and wait to see the tsunami hitting Penang. I can’t understand those people. Sigh. Just forget about all those sad agenda. Get back to what we enjoy all the time!

Wonderful tree decorated with lights.

Pictures taken by my mum for me. Gurney Drive! Woots! I was supposed to meet Adeline at Gurney but she can’t make it at last so we didn’t get to meet. Same goes to Jolynn aka my kai mui back in Penang who went back to BM already and can’t meet me. Nicchivvor strashnuvva aka that’s all right. It was so smelly there at Gurney Drive. It smells like mud. Yucks. I prefer going to the beach.

I just love going to E&O Hotel to take photos. This was taken at night. I took pictures there in the afternoon, evening and at night! Yeah! I didn’t manage to go there in the morning to take some pictures but I guess it’s enough already.

MOIS aka a well known club in Penang. It was dead when I went there because it was on Tuesday, a weekday. If you could get there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday it would be a great place to pppaarrrtttyyy there!

 

The whole street filled with bars! All the promotions! 1 jug is only RM28! It’s way too cheap! Wasted I got no one to drink with me as my mum don’t drink.

Penang street. I forgot the name of the street already. But this could lead you till Komtar. ^^ After that, my dad drove us to Batu Ferringhi area. I don’t dare to drive there at night because it’s dark and the road is winding all the way. We headed to the Hard Rock Hotel. The only one in Malaysia.

I love this picture a lot! DSLR quality? Maybe but not HD yet. Sigh.

After having a look there, we headed for supper! I told you that I’m filling my stomach too fast.

Wat Tan Hor.

Apom from Penang! Yummy! 6 piece for RM3.00. After that we headed back to the hotel. We reached at the hotel at about 11.30pm. Everyone was tired already by that time. Then at around 6am, everyone woke up as 6.30am is the time for breakfast. So today would be my last day in Penang.

Sorry that I drank coffee again. 4 cups of coffee! Owh gosh, I can’t resist coffee.

Sunny side up! Nicely done.

Omelet.

Nasi lemak and fried mee. Can’t get this after leaving Malaysia. Sigh.

Fruits!

Tau Fu Fah!

Dining area at Bayview Georgetown Hotel.

Sunrise in Penang! I can see this easily from my room without going anywhere. I can still remember where Samuel, Aron and I went up to one of the hill in Malacca just to get a sunrise picture. Love those moments.

It finally rains in Penang. The heat there is terrible and it can cause people to get migraine easily. Then we checked out. I went took my mum to visit the place where my grandfather’s soul is kept. It’s my duty to bring my mum there always. It’s her father. Then we went down to Butterworth to pick up my grandmother for breakfast. We had Kuey Teow Theng.

 

The famous Kuey Teow Theng in Butterworth! We visited the same shop to get this. I was only 14 years old when I left Penang to KL. This shop is still here and it’s expanding very fast! 3 branches in Penang already! Awesome one!

Chicken leg. My camera lens fogged.

Pak cham kai.

Penang Teh Peng! *laugh*

Prai roads. Miss my old neighborhood. Hope I could meet my friends the next time when I’m back there. After that we went back to my grandmother’s house to get a rest. We went to one place for lunch which my grandmother asked us to try.

Chicken and steak. Taste good but not really good. You won’t get what I mean here. My verdict, 50-50. Then we pushed off from Penang at around four in the evening. Dropped by Taiping to visit my grandfather and grandmother, my dad’s side. Had dinner there. Then I drove back to KL. Reached safely at about 10 at night.

That is all I did when I was back there in Penang. Eating all the way and driving all the way. Never even meet one of my friend there. Therefore, I really hope I’ll have another trip back to meet my friends. Penang, ya tibya lyublyoo! Miss you always! Penang, you rock!

0 comments: