Fasting Month!

First of all, I would love to take this opportunity to wish all my Muslim friends out there, Selamat Berpuasa. Let’s continue right now. Every single year, when it comes to the fasting month, the only thing that I could think of is the food. Wait! Don’t think something ridiculous that fast, okay? I do love the Malay culture back in Malaysia also. I will always attend at least one Raya Open House every year because I love going there to have a look at the Malay culture face-to-face. By looking at the Malay families wearing their Baju Melayu and Baju Kurung is just so lovely. Not forgetting, most of the families has a common colour of attire to wear during Raya. Isn’t that unique to you guys? It is for me and YES it does happen for Chinese and Indians too. You can hardly see this scenario when you’re out from Malaysia especially at the European country. I will be going to miss my country soil right after Raya because I’m flying to somewhere that I should be at to further my studies.

Now, as I do love food a lot, it’s time to blog about some of the foods that I love to grab during the fasting month. What do you think about Malay cuisine? Ratings from 0-10. For me, all races food in Malaysia, I would rate them 10 upon 10. So, one question might come across your mind right now which is, ‘What cuisine you will not rate them 10 upon 10?’. There is some cuisine which I never rate them 10 upon 10. One of is it the Korean cuisine. OMG. I can’t believe I spit this out. Sze Yin will definitely kill me right after she read about this. I shall be prepared for it now. Don’t blame me as every each humankind in this lovely, wonderful and delightful world has their own likes and dislikes. So, this would be one of the thing I dislike. Today! What’s for dinner? Bought lots of food from the bazaar near my house and FYI, whenever I go there, it would be best if I could buy all the foods sold there. Dishearteningly, I couldn’t put much input to myself nowadays.

DSC00062

Just ignore the guy there. Look at all the stalls there! Look at the people! Just so lively!

DSC00063

Being at the bazaar makes me so happy and cheerful all the time. To get some attention from the customers, the stall keepers will just shout on the foods they are selling here and there and this just make the surroundings so different. This is Malaysia! Besides, by going to the bazaar you can also actually see many Chinese and Indians there too! This is One Malaysia! No more words to comment about this as I’m just too happy and delightful to be a Malaysian.

Back to the foods! Argh! I just can’t wait for this moment. Prepare some stuff to munch right in front of you right now before looking at all the pictures.

IMG_3850

Satay is a must to buy whenever I go to the bazaar. It’s only RM0.30 per stick! Can you imagine that? It tasted good!

IMG_3851

Popiah Sambal Goreng and Samosa. Both of these are just superb! Now you see, now you dont! *laugh*

IMG_3853 

Murtabak Ayam! Saliva dripping on the floor right now. Just joking. Just that I’m drooling all the way right now as I haven’t have my dinner yet.

IMG_3854

Anyone knows about Putu Mayam? It’s delicious too!

IMG_3852

Mee and Kuey Teow Goreng! I do feel like eating Mee Goreng Mamak EXTRA PEDAS right now! Ahhh….

IMG_3855

This is Paceri Terung! Yummy!!!!

IMG_3856

Wondering what’s bergedel? This is it! Google on it for more info about it. I just wanna finish blogging fast to go eat them!

IMG_3857

Chicken with Sambal.

IMG_3858

Ikan Pari Bakar! I’m having this alone with my bergedel tonight! Yum yum!

IMG_3859

Ikan Bakar which my dad and mum is sharing it.

IMG_3860

I forgot what is this called. But you are going to eat those Ikan Pari Bakar and Ikan Bakar with it. It’s gonna be an awesome dinner tonight!

Off to have my dinner now!

Till then!

0 comments: