Pre-Departure Briefing and FOOD

On Sunday, 22nd of August 2010, I went to Federal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur to attend the pre-departure briefing. Well, it started of well but it was like a little hanging at some parts of the whole event. Planning isn’t that perfect yet but overall, it’s okay. So, speech by some of the people including a third year student from RSMU. Yes, I’m leaving to Russia for my studies and RSMU will be my University for the next 6 years. Finally it’s out on my blog. (: The event started at about 3.15pm. Met all of my friends who are going there with me such as, Jay a.k.a.Gay, Soon Fei, Martin who will be my roommate, Yy Ling, Curry and so on. Lots of them were there on that day.

Moving on, the third year student said something about the syllabus medium there and that was the moment where most of the parents mouth were widely opened. That was the moment I’ve enjoyed too! Well, I would like to say that, nothing will be perfect. Going to other countries to pursue our studies, we will still need to learn something in their own language and isn’t this fun at the same time challenging? We as a student will get to learn the language fast and YES I agree with what the third year student from RSMU said which sounds like this. ‘Our lecturers are old and do not expect them to learn English in a sudden’. That is definitely and absolutely true! Why do I say that? First of all, we are the younger generations and I do believe that we can handle Russian Language easier compared to all our soon-to-be knowledgeable lecturers to learn English since most of us are going for Medical Studies which wouldn’t be that simple to get through it. As we have the will to do it, nothing can stop us. That is the only thing I could say right now. Although everything is stated clearly that my batch syllabus will all be taught in English, I still do think that some subjects MIGHT be taught in Russian. Most importantly, I’m keen to learn about it and I’m not afraid of it because many of my seniors went through it without complaining.

Hostels there are a little bit worst compared to my TARC hostel but life still have to go on. We should be happy that we could be under a shelter compared to those unfortunate people out there who don’t even have a place to live at. Think positively. My parents were aware about all of this because I did have have a few Q&A sessions with all my seniors there and I told my parents every single thing that I knew about RSMU. We as a student, who is going there to further our studies should try to step out into the real world and try to get every single information we need ourselves since we knew that we are going there ALONE without your parents. Being there, you wouldn’t be spoon fed anymore.Why do I say so? This is simply because Pre-U life is roughly the same with the University life and I bet that University life will be even more challenging compared to the life I had through the one and a half year in TARC.

IMG_3878

Picture of all the students who are going to Russia to further their studies. I have something to talk about this picture itself but I wouldn’t let it out here. It’s about my consultant. ^^

IMG_3880

The best thing about this pre-departure briefing was we did not get a firm date on when we are departing to Moscow. Sad case. Just forget about it and let’s enjoy our life back here in Malaysia for another few more weeks. Right after the briefing, my parents and I went to hunt for some food. We went to a street right behind Jalan Alor for food again! What we had? Have a look!

IMG_3881

Having a meal back in an alley is the best thing to do! The weirdest thing was I went there with my formal attire and I was soaking wet because there wasn’t a single breeze there. As some of my friends knew about it, my forehead suffers from Hyperhidrosis. Will not explain it here so just google up on it.

IMG_3884

It was a bomb! Love the taste! Yummy!

 IMG_3886

Beef Wan Tan Mee, I guess….^^ Nice! It came with the beef soup too.

IMG_3885

This was the beef soup.

IMG_3887

Finally I had pork intestine porridge in KL! In the middle of the town! This was great but I still prefer the one served in Penang. Going to have this in Penang very soon! So keen to get back there this time.

IMG_3888

Beef Noodles! This is good too but can’t break the bonding I had with the one served in my club. Bukit Rahman Putra Club. Go to that club if you want to have Beef Noodles. FYI, it’s only served during the weekends! You will not regret driving all the way to the club to have this Beef Noodles!

IMG_3889

Dad did ordered drumstick! Nice! Soft and tender! So, where to get it? Start your car engines now and drive to Bukit Bintang. Hit the street behind Jalan Alor. You will be able to find it there.

P.S. Good luck to all the those who are pursuing their studies in MMA or RSMU. Don’t worry much as you will be fine there. Not forgetting, good luck to all the future doctors out there! Take care. In addition, SORRY if I said anything wrong here.

Till then!

0 comments: